Job Purpose: The Automation & Control Engineer handle implementation and testing processes for Waze Oil Services’ automation and control software. The Engineer will provide feedback and reports as well as suggestions to improve the services provided for automation and control to our clients. The Engineer will also lead projects related to automation and control to ensure implementations are complete on time and within budget.
Automation & Control Activities:
- Conduct automation and control services including implementations, commissioning, SAT, and other tests.
- Planning and prioritizing testing activities
- Coordinating with the Design team to discuss verification protocols
- Helping identify weaknesses and problem areas in the software application
- Automated software test procedures
- Tracking software bugs and investigating the causes
- Communicating with the Engineering team to implement software applications
- Designing and handling the installation of software databases
- Troubleshooting automation software issues
- Coordinating with the System Analyst to finalize system procedures
- Creating test plans and cases
- Preparing detailed test reports
- Prioritizing and executing tests
- Reviewing technical specifications and design documents
- Conducting regression testing when needed
- Monitoring assurance metrics and process results
Project Engineer Activities:
- Prepare project reports (Daily, weekly, monthly, etc.).
- Prepare project correspondences to clients in relation to the ongoing projects
- Draft Project Engineering Documents
- Coordinate with other company departments or freelancer in relation with their involvement of the projects.
- Coordinate with the site manager for any project related issues.
- Keep a log book for the issues faced during projects execution phase “lessons learned”.
- Review site MRs.
- Engineering department monitors all projects related projects shipments and handle its delivery to end clients. In addition, all project’s related shipments are handed over to clients with receipt notice.
- Cooperate with the storekeeper to monitor the status of the delivered material for all projects.
- Provide, develop and enhance the project control plan and tools for the projects (project handbook, methods, templates etc.) and work-processes for project set up, execution and close out within the assigned project.
- Execute the Project Controls Process on Capital Projects as per Engineering Manual.
- Ensure that the Project Controls Process is carried out in accordance with the Project Controls Procedure and the Project Controls Plan.
- Manage the interface for Project Controls activities to all required Departments (e.g. Engineering Finance, Procurement) and to the Architect/Engineers and Construction Contractors.
- Constructively challenge project managers regarding cost, schedule and quality.
- Ensure the project governance according to the defined project management tools and processes.
- Assist with Client internal audits and project reviews.
- Special assignments defined by the Program Director (e.g. conflict management, analysis contract resolution).
- Provide project management support in decision making processes, provision and preparation of relevant management information (e.g. for Steering Committee Meetings).
- Perform project reviews and audit.
- Responsibilities covering all control practices (time, scope, cost, risks, procurements, communications, and HR).
- Scheduling and reporting including work weightage calculations and follow up.
- All site manager responsibilities including construction supervision. ISO awareness and system control at sites.
- Supporting awareness and training of all storekeepers, camp bosses, HSE, and quality staff.
- Supporting all site liaison officers and camp bosses in the process of work documents releasing as desert passes.
- Responsible for filling the timesheet and preparing cost control reports at their off rotation.
Bachelor’s degree in Automation & Control Engineering.
Minimum 2-3 years of experience
Intermediate level in the English Language
Complete understanding of automation systems and databases
Familiarity with the software development process
Ability to complete tasks and projects within deadline
Expertise in automation testing tools like Selenium, Katalon Studio, and Cucumber
Please apply using the form: https://wazen.erpnext.ly/employment-application-form