Job Purpose: Surveyors provide professional advice on a range of construction-related matters. They ensure properties are built to regulations and specifications and advise on maintenance and repair of existing structures or assessing damage for legal and insurance purposes.
• Traveling to sites, when necessary.
• Taking measurements of distances and angles on a property or section of land in order to establish legal boundaries.
• Employing specialized equipment, including distance measuring wheels, GPS, and geographic information system (GIS) devices to measure boundaries and contours.
• Performing mathematical calculations to determine and confirm surveying measurements.
• Marking and delineating boundaries and reference points on a property or section of land.
• Researching and consulting historical maps and surveys, as well as legal documents, relating to the property or section of land they are measuring.
• Analyzing data using plans, maps, charts, and software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs.
• Presenting data to clients and preparing reports detailing legal boundaries and other relevant information.
• Collaborating and working with project managers, construction crews, and government agencies, when necessary.
5+ years experience in construction, engineering, or related field
Experience using hand surveying tools (distance measuring wheels, plumb bobs, levels)
Experience using electronic surveying tools (transit levels, GPS equipment
Sufficient English and Arabic language skills to execute the job (speaking and writing)
Very Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Working knowledge of software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs
Advanced knowledge of work standards and regulations
Advanced knowledge of construction processes
* The position will require traveling outside of Tripoli depending on site of the project